- I have preordered and paid the new 1:6 scale QMX Kirk and Spock. Now I just need to wait for them to arrive in July. The story behind those is wonderful. In 50 years of Star Trek no company ever made 1:6 scale high end collectors figures. The ones that were out there were rather toys, and the faces and clothes just did not look good. So a fan took it up himself during the past years, making the best figures ever, and now they are officially sold by Quantum Mechanix and he's got a new job with them. Sometimes dreams come true!
- Equally I look forward to the Mezco figures. Those are 1:12 scale, but with real clothes and also lots of accessories, in Spock’s case even a head for changing. I am super excited for these, as that picture shows a bridge setting so I hope to get a full bridge one day. They already teased pictures of working on the Captain's chair. Already up for order are Spock, Kirk and Sulu. I hope good ol’ Bones will be next!
- If you had told me one year ago that I would be looking forward to the new Star Trek movie at the end of the year, I would’ve called you crazy ;) Funny how an attitude can change. I hope I can find a cinema with English language. When the trailer leaked at first it was only the German version and it just isn’t the same without Karl Urban’s original voice.
- I’m also looking quite forward to Fedcon, where hopefully William Shatner will be, if they don’t really un-invite him again. But I am also looking forward to Vic Mignogna, the Captain Kirk of Star Trek Continues. The sixth episode will have its pre-premiere at Fedcon, before it will be officially released at the end of May. To see it on the big screen and with a room full of people instead alone at the computer will surely be awesome. I won’t miss that!
- In May my Big Chief Studios tenth Doctor’s TARDIS will arrive. The eleventh Doctor’s TARDIS is shipping to fans right now, and their enjoyment is palpable. That thing is huge! 11 kilogram they say. I kinda regret having changed the shipping address to my work place (it was necessary as Fedex did not give it to a neighbor)
- The Ninth Doctor figure supposed to ship in October.
- Still waiting for the Jack Harkness figure going up for pre-order. I guess it will take till the end of the year, they’ll do Rose and the War Doctor first. Just as well, my purse can use a break.
- The official DC Malcolm Merlyn Comic that John and his sister Carole have written, is coming out every two weeks digitally and in July as a book
- John will also be in an episode of Reign, where he is another bad guy and uses his Scottish accent. I think that is a first in a TV role? I’m super excited for that one. Somewhere in Summer I guess. For some odd reason episode 17 isn’t listed on IMDB.
- They are also still working on The 49th key and bringing Hollow Earth to the screen but these things take time to develop I guess. It’s hard to be patient though.
- Walking Out has filmed in December, if you haven’t read the short story, you can read it here
It is a movie for film students, I hope we’ll get to see it in a way!
- He’s hopefully also still working on Monty, the movie about Montgomery Clift. I can’t wait to see that one. It’s time that our Matt gets a main role!
- There will be also soon The Nice Guys and The Magnificent Seven coming out, but it sounds as if his role in these will be rather small. I bet he’s dying again. He seems to do that a lot…
Did I forget anything? What are you flailing about this year? Tell me!