Antje (dieastra) wrote,
Antje
dieastra

Customizing part 4 - both Hamlets finished!

Previously - Part 1: Changing The Doctor into Hamlet - bare arms

Previously - Part 2: Feet for my Hamlet figure

Previously - Part 3: Shirt and Jeans

Yay! Hamlet number 2 is also finished! Doesn't he look striking?



Just as a reminder, this is how it looked before:



I cut off a bit of the jacket at the front, removed the tie and added different lapels and the bowtie.



I also added the button border of the shirt and changed the pockets of the jacket.



The sleeves of the Doctor suit went straight till his hands, but Hamlet has a bit of white shirt sleeves peeking out, which is how a good suit should be worn. So, I added a bit of extra sleeve:



Also with extra buttons, of course:





At the backside, I removed whatever it is called (the thing which makes the jacket more tailored). I also filled up the vent in the middle of the jacket and added two vents right and left instead:



Of course, he also got feet - I think I have to cut them a bit smaller yet:



E voilá!



And Hamlet number 1 got the print on his t-shirt. I think it looks okay if you don't look too closely. I also painted his jeans blue and tried even for a bit of faded look at the knees.



I said don't look too closely!



I made myself some kind of stencil, but it didn't work the way I had originally planned. I thought I could spray it on.





But it smeared too much, so I had to paint it in the end.

Oh, and both former Doctors got their sideburns removed! That was kind of tricky.






 photo DavidHamletshirt600x450.jpg

 photo DavidHamletsuit600x450.jpg

On to the whole Hamlet play with actionfigures

Masterlist of all my customized actionfigures
.
.
Tags: action figures - doctor who, customizing, david tennant
Subscribe

  • Customizing: Janeway coffee mug

    So here's what I have been up to. I wanted to make shiny coffee mugs but the first try with silver paint came out rather dull. Then a friend…

  • Customizing: New Earth Chakotay (1)

    I changed a Maquis Chakotay into New Earth Chakotay. I have plans for another New Earth Chakotay plus two Kathryns to go with it. Since he wore his…

  • Customizing: A console for Tuvok

    On the weekend I made a console for Tuvok! I got the prints from the Voyager Illustrated Handbook: My materials - just cardboard and a…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 35 comments

  • Customizing: Janeway coffee mug

    So here's what I have been up to. I wanted to make shiny coffee mugs but the first try with silver paint came out rather dull. Then a friend…

  • Customizing: New Earth Chakotay (1)

    I changed a Maquis Chakotay into New Earth Chakotay. I have plans for another New Earth Chakotay plus two Kathryns to go with it. Since he wore his…

  • Customizing: A console for Tuvok

    On the weekend I made a console for Tuvok! I got the prints from the Voyager Illustrated Handbook: My materials - just cardboard and a…