I got the prints from the Voyager Illustrated Handbook:
My materials - just cardboard and a wooden stick from candied apples:
I split it in two halves, it is for the round edge at the front of the console:
To hide the ugly cardboard sides, I added tape:
Result of the first day:
But then I realized the console should be at an angle and also the top, so I added triangles in the corners to keep the shape:
And then I got ambitious and instead of just glueing the printed display to the top of the cardboard, I wanted it to be inserted. Which meant adding another layer and destroying my perfectly flush top to have it flush with the front:
See, all cardboards. The prints go behind to give an edge around:
Looks good but there is this ugly gap between the cardboard and the wooden stick:
So I created some kind of apron from paper and sprayed it with the same grey paint and wrapped it around to give a smooth surface.
Yesterday I did it with newspaper which was so thin it cracked when I glued it. And instead of trying again, I tried to spray over it and with that destroyed the whole printed display. So I had to wait till today for printing a new one:
I also added plastic foil to make the displays more shiny.
I'm very proud of it! He will also get his front console but since this was so much work I did not finish that yet.
Bridge by Jonathan Parks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/triplefictionproductions/permalink/890961745063912/